Monday, December 21, 2009

Sonbird 1.4 is out!

Well other than me going home for the holidays today, I'm happy to announce that Songbird 1.4 is out! I have been waiting for this release for ages!

Anyhow, if you followed my guide to install songbird, and want to update, all you have to do is type in:

sudo rm -r /opt/Songbird

Then download the new version of Songbird and follow my guide up to step 2.

So run this command inside the folder where you downloaded Songbird:

sudo tar -xvzf Songbird*.tar.gz -C /opt/

and

sudo chown -R username:username /opt/Songbird/

Of Course substitute username, for your actual user name. That should be the basic install of the program, but if you want to add the extra features that I was talking about at the beginning of this tutorial, then go ahead and keep on reading.

This should do it, good luck and have fun!

No comments: