Monday, December 14, 2009

Ubuntu iPod possible bug

So for the past couple of days I started to loose faith in my Ubuntu install because I thought I had found a perfect application to replace itunes, which was songbird. It all started when I was syncing songs to my iPod through songbird, and all my playlists would be blank on my iPod. I swore up and down that it had to be a problem with songbird. As it turns out to, it's somewhat 1/2 and 1/2 between Ubuntu and Sonbird.

To start off, songbird still can't seem to "Eject" my iPod. To me it's no biggie, I just close down Songbird and right-click on my iPod and select "Safely Remove." As it turns out to be that is what is causing my playlists to be blank on my iPod, selecting "Safely Remove."

The only way I found to fix this little issue was, to instead of selecting "Safely Remove", just select "Eject."

Don't know if this is a bug, but that was my little fix for something I thought was a bigger problem.

No comments: